Sunday 5 February 2012

When I was little,

When I was little, I was a carrot thief.
There I was, probably about 3, just being tiny and doing whatever 3 year-olds did 11 years ago.
Being me, that was most likely, lying on the floor 'drawing' with crayons.
(Source: not memories, but a photo of me lying on the floor 'drawing' with crayons)

And my mum was in the kitchen, cutting carrots up, preparing for the evening meal, and she placed the carrots on the worktable.
And then the carrot thief snuck in, being absolutely tiny she could go anywhere unseen. (My mum may have been in the toilet)
So I pulled the chair to the workplace, climbed on top, and grabbed a handful of carrots.
And ran like the wind.
For my mum had seen me.
I sat at my little table on my little stool, covered the carrots with my hands.
Only the carrots stuck out at both ends,
because,
well, because I was 3 and had tiny hands.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone by peaking into their past,
    Can recall at least one little "thief" in their house as well.
    Though, successful "stealing" didn't depend on the "techniques" but because mummy's will was also involved.

    I loved the field of interest of the thief; carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true, and with mine, it is me. And of course it would be carrots with me, I am the one of the greediest person alive.

    ReplyDelete