Monday 6 February 2012

Oh, how rare. A refreshing monday.

This is rather awful.
I am going to write about the feeling of a Monday. And the weather. But don't worry...Eisteddfod is here to make things better (!)

So, Wales. Temperatures were fine, not one q-tip in sight (withfrains/withthrains herself from making some terrible joke about dandruff). Its not great for the mood of people in school though, here we all are, dutifully learning about the perfect tense in French, and some lucky kids are off school in England.

The weather was rather lovely here, warm and Spring-like.
In short, I found it easy for once to get out of bed.

And off to school I went.

Oops, my memory is going. There was drizzle rain. Which is still fine.
'I love drizzle rain' <--- quoting my vegetarian friend who eats bacon to support the local economy.

But the weather was still fine.

And, behold the greatness, hold headlines, prepare the newsflash.
EISTEDDFOD's back.
Its a Welsh celebration, where people act, sing, dance, and play instruments, write, draw ecetera.
And of course, the winners of the writing competitions get to sit on a chair while our rugby-fanatic welsh teacher waves a sword about.
Our school holds one every year. And every year our house (school split into three 'houses') loses.

Oh, the memories.

In my first year I joined garage orchestra where I hit two wine bottles with a wooden spoon in an attempt to recreate 'Mama Mia'. (We lost that category)

In my second year I entered the instrumental soloist competition where I was against two grade-8 violinists. (I lost) I also took part in the English dramatic where I was a doctor, and got into trouble for 'stealing' a lab coat from the science department to look the part. (We lost that category)

Last year, I was an American male criminal (Dandy Dan? in Bugsy Malone) with an Australian accent and a fake moustache drawn on by an eyeliner. I also wore a huge silk gown, and baggy pants. (Need I say what we came in the category?) I also entered the instrumental soloist (joint last), and the writing competition.

And....behold the greatness, hold headlines, prepare the newsflash.
I came third in the writing competition, meaning a prize of £5!
It was a great moment, 10 mins with an online rhyming dictionary and writing a poem resulted in glory, joy, and euphoria.

I gloi, mae Cymru yn lle hyfryd a gall yr Eisteddfod fod yn hwyl. Ond nid yr iaith yw, oherwydd yr wyf yn hyn o bryd yn teipio i mewn i Google Translate ac yna copïo a gludo'r testun i mewn yma.
(To conclude, Wales is a lovely place and the Eisteddfod can be fun. But the language isn't, because I am currently typing into Google Translate and then copying and pasting the text into here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment