Friday 26 August 2011

Pottermore, after 25 days of not-so-patient waiting, I'm in.

I am quite an obsessed Harry Potter fan. So after hearing about this 'Pottermore' site, created by J.K.Rowling with Sony and with exclusive content from her, I was more than keen to apply for it.

There was a 7 day challenge which begun on the 31st of July. It was, over the week, going to let a million people in for beta testing. I answered the question on day one, retrieved the 'magic quill', and earned my place for early beta testing.

Maybe, I turned a little obsessive, checking my email about 5 times a day for my welcome mail - the very mail that would allow me entry.


Doesn't matter now, I've got in now... Woo!

The wand choosing ceremony was sweet, I got a dragon heartstring core and made out of ash.

The sorting hat was the best.

I got into Slytherin!!!

It may not seem so good, they're supposed to be 'cunning', and would do anything to be on top.

My brother, who I am not allowed to talk about, is in Ravenclaw, the house for wisdom/swots.
But I didn't say that.

Mmm, I had to write a short entry about this. I have been complaining about the wait, excited about the prospect for the last 25 days. And my mooning over Pottermore will end here, in this blog entry.



So a little about the Harry Potter world for people who aren't familiar with it. (In my view)

HOGWARTS is an English school for magical people from 11 to 18. Its an extrememly British boarding school with moving staircases. A lot of people in the 'real world' waited for the school letter when they were 11. That was silly of them.

SCHOOL HOUSES
The students are sorted by a talking sorting hat which sings. Singing is very important if you want to come across as smart, except when you're me.

The houses:
GRYFFINDOR, for the brave people. Though a lot of the characters in the story that were in Gryffindor didn't really seem that brave.

HUFFLEPUFF, for the loyal, nice, trustworthy people. Although I'm pretty sure in one of the books it just said they accepted anyone who didn't make the other three houses. So cast-offs.

RAVENCLAW, for the intelligent. And my brother.

SLYTHERIN, for the evil people, like the Voldermort, who's the really evil villain for the whole series. Oh, and Merlin. That famous guy who never existed. And me.



My next entry should be about my Amsterdam trip again. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment