Sunday 4 March 2012

Tea and a lesson in logic.

'Well hello, my little sachet of leaves,
Please don't fret, the scorching water won't scorch.
Your wonders will diffuse, your powers will spread.
In dribbles the milk, and a magical stir.
Then I'm sorry, but you go in the bin.'

...Yeah.... I had to write a poem about tea. Technically we could write about anything that fits into our palm (teabag), but I was craving tea.
The reaction was 'Aww, that's so cute... you're actually thinking about the teabag's feelings'

Hmph.
I'm still annoyed at that place (writing squad).
They were teaching us logic once, and their example was

'Every mammal is warm-blooded,
A dog is warm-blooded,
Therefore a dog is a mammal'

WRONG,
Because we are not given that every warm-blooded creature is a mammal
Theoretically and logically it's not correct.... that like saying...

'Every lemon is yellow,
A banana is yellow,
Therefore a banana is a lemon'

I tried to argue my case, but they wouldn't hear it.
Gah, this was probably about half a year ago, and I'm still annoyed.

I hate being proven wrong
But even more so when I'm actually right.

Argh. I sound like a spoilt kid.
or a spoilt brat.

But I did make sure I was correct as soon as I went home - I asked my brother.
I have a lot of my faith in my brother when comes to: Science, Maths, Logic, and Maths.

Haha, this is my lament.
Ironically the author who taught us incorrect logic's 'best' work were her poems of lament.
I should send her this.

TEA
So, this is my theory.
I was talking to my mum about the 'Four Great Inventions of Ancient China'  (paper-making, gunpowder, compass - and the one we forgot, which is printing)

And I said one of them should be tea.
Although no-one invented tea leaves.
Someone had to come up with the concept of putting the tea leaves in to water for the drink.
Its wasn't as if tea-leaves in water was 'waiting' to be discovered.
Someone had to invent the concept.

I have a really cute cup that I drink tea out of... it's pink, with a cute cat and sushi's. I may put a photo up later.

I take tea with no sugar and a good dosage of milk.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. awww...you are a spoilt brat...and thats why we love you! x

    ReplyDelete