Thursday 15 August 2013

'You haven't even got a title!' - H



Argh, mental block.

Okay, so as expected we continued to explore Italy as we could. I cannot honestly say that we were happy with waking up so early, especially as the housekeeping in the hotel never gave us any small milk cartridges for tea.
Nonetheless, we obliged our alarm clocks, woke up as early as the days before and went on our way.

We went further out, but still within the areas we could reach by foot. It's quite impressive that everywhere we turn are filled we remnants of the city it used to be. Or in other words how old everything looks and seem to be.


Of course, the van cutting a huge corner of the photo doesn't help my portrayal of historical city.



Something a little more modern, and practically the only thing open in the morning that we were there. Novelty stuff in the shape and colour of chocolate etc.



And the coolest thing to happen that morning was I saw monks. Monks and nuns. It's just that the city was overfilled with churches, but to see an actual monk dressed up as monks in Robin Hood made me very excited.

I think I managed to take some pictures.


Wow.... I forgot the monk wore sunglasses. That is so much cooler.

Okay..... so half as an excuse to put a picture up that I think makes my legs lookvery nice, and half just to show the graffiti on the church walls..




And then of course, what would a holiday be without going to a few museums?

First museum of the day, Museo Archeologico, which was a lot of marble figures.



My dearest brother, standing next to a slightly flat headed big marble guy.

Okay, so it wasn't the most exciting museum of all, but very luckily the second museum was pretty cool and made it all up. Not to mention it was free for that day, and modern, and... we weren't supposed to take photos.

But we took a few anyway.


 I'm not quite sure I'm posing like this, the last time I did it was supposed to look like I was balancing vases.

 Windscreen wipers that made a load of chugging noises.

A glimpse of the bursts of colours in one of the exhibits, in contrast to the white marbles of faces and heads and busts.

 Above ^ is me pretending to be hypnotised by the spirals, and Harvey not playing along as usual.

< Erm... chairs with a poker poking through? I think it was inspired by an assassination.

Oh and a big raincoat.

Believe it or not, one my favourite piece was a black rectangle on the ground. . It was just unbelievably dark, like looking into a deep hole. We kind of just stared at it for a while, trying to make out a surface of some sort.

Oh, and Harvey reminded me of a freaky naked people collage.. which is funny as I have a photo of him staring intently at it, though I've decided not to publish it.
 "Only cos I could hardly make it what it was..."

Whatever you say.




A little bit of browsing the stores in the alley. Every single store filled with similar souvenirs of chilli key-rings.




The first kebab we ate in Naples, which was to be followed by quite a few more. From a restaurant we soon became affiliated with, but more about that later.

Back to the hotel warm with a tiny bite of the one kebab we bought, and siesta time once again.





Harvey says he loves me.


No comments:

Post a Comment