Thursday 15 August 2013

Capri-sun.

As beautiful islands go, I think Capri is pretty darn gorgeous.

So, keeping with the pattern, we woke very early to catch a ship (sounds weird) to Capri. In usual fashion, I feel asleep within minutes of the ship sailing, and a lovely morning nap on the gentle waves for 45 minutes before reaching the island.


It's pretty hard to find a sky and a sea bluer than this. The sun was glaring down, and we were slowly sizzling.

We took a cable car up to the top, where the many village is, because the other choice was to walk. Or to take the bus, which is us squashed into a little vehicle winding up sharp and narrow turns - no thanks.

So that's the cable car we went up in, there's a really cute photo of my mum, dad, and my brother poking their heads out, but they probably wouldn't let me put it up.

Damn it.









The village itself is a little like something out of a movie set, but an old movie.








This place is stunning, but we had to walk an hour in this sun to a place that was possibly less stunning. The walk was enjoyable as I forced them all to play the alphabet game with me.
An hour walk later we arrived at Villa Jovis, after passing a man who kept trying to force is go see him garden with great panorama which is 'no prawblem'. We ended up going in there but that was after going to Villa Jovis and chilling out on the marble in the shade.

I had to change my pose as my pose was always the same.
 Erm, so the villa is nice I guess, but it's mainly ruins. The view was nicer.


Ooooh, okay and then we went for food. No wait, we passed some wild goats..


And then they started urinating.

So we went for food.

No, we didn't, that guy who kept saying 'no problemo' made us feel so uncomfortable we went in to his garden thing. Which had a nice view of the sea. But then again, everywhere had.
We escaped somewhere else by climbing over a broken wall in order to avoid him.

Food. We lovely spaghetti with seafood, and seafood, and pasta that was green but very nice.

Oh and then we were going to go on a chairlift... but its metal seat dangling in the air for 26 minutes, so 26 minutes of shrivelling in the sun, so once again - no thanks.




Which is a pity, as it would have been awesome to get a view of the beautiful island from above.

















I have a baby's face on my knee.


No comments:

Post a Comment