Saturday 19 January 2013

Round up of social media sites. Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. Tumblr.

Facebook. Nearly everyone has it, it's almost a taken. And I do like it, I use it to keep in contact with all my friends, and post statuses which I think are fairly witty at times.
Unfortunately, in my 'part' of facebook, which is to say the 13-18ish category, it has become a little stupid. There is the overly common 'like for a rate', a status you like so they will post a number out of 10 on your wall. Awfully ridiculous, considering people are usually too 'nice' to put any number below 8. There are also 'like for a comment/paragraph'. Oh, and the really pointless 'like for a like on your profile pic'. I thought you like a picture if you genuinely like it. Oh god.... And the whole subscribing business, it means I get a lot of girls with a lot of make up and boobs on my newsfeed telling us to f ourselves if we hate them. Lovely. Then asking us to subscribe to them. For what? Possibly their statuses about them not caring about haters, or pictures of them in a bathroom mirror.

It's scary. I have instagram, which I never thought I would have.
And as far as I can tell, you post photos of stuff, which you can 'edit', which means putting a layer of colour distorting effect to look more professional. And then people can <3 it. Just to show their loving. Like a like on facebook. And the news is that instagram now owns pictures we post? Rather post it on facebook for a like.

#twitter. Literally just got it today. Need to wrap my head around it. So you tweet stuff, a short sentence, and people can retweet you. I can see it can be good for stalking people you are interested about, and communicating with people (by tweeting AT them) without needing to build up a community of friends. Just people you follow, and people who follow you.

Tumblr. I do quite like it. I like having my own blog, like this one, and making it look aesthetically pleasing. And there are some really decent worthwhile blogs that I follow. However, I don't understand the reblog. It means the same thing circulate around all the blogs, and the individuality of a content is loss. Ok. Oh well.

JOIN IN THE CRAZE. Please click below.
Instagram corinneybear
Twitter xylodreamer
Tumblr colourdot

No comments:

Post a Comment