Monday 24 December 2012

Xmas this year.

Its Christmas Eve, and I am writing my blog.

I don't think anyone is feeling particularly Chrismassy this year, don't get me wrong, I still love it and looking forward to it, but the childlike excitement isn't really here any more.

Firstly, the last week of term is always filled with drawing Christmas cards and telling teachers there's no swear words in the film we want to put on in class, then enjoying the glorious expression on teachers' faces during the cringey parts with swearing and crude jokes.

However, lesson's have been full of revising and past exam papers, and reminders of our exams after the holidays, which we need to revise for. Oh, and to enjoy our holidays.

To my English teacher, this is the perfect example of a juxtaposition.


The world ended a few days ago. It was an anti-climax. Still, it felt weird to go to sleep on the night of the 21st, knowing how absolutely normal the day had been, just as we expected, when everyone had been talking and anticipating this normal day.

We do not have a Christmas tree this year. Nope, we have a drum kit. And as my brother has recently taken his exam, he is no longer required to practice... so... we put fairy lights over that instead.


Now for the more jolly things.
Two of my friends have given me marshmallows for Christmas.

I don't know if I have written about it, but Hannah and I have made several lists, during the really boring business lessons, when we have no work to do, about why it's a good idea to have a love affair with marshmallows.

I found a tablet thing which you can do art on the computer with, meaning I can design lots of awesome dresses. It had been my childhood dream to be a fashion designer. In fact, Bryony told me that in primary school when I was selling milk I always drew dresses. Bless, I'm so cute.

Ooh, and Bryony also gave me her memory stick to copy some music. Fair play, she has a fairly good music taste... and I pretty much copied all the albums off, even though she had made 2 playlists for me. But I love the playlists. I sing the songs she gave me, unluckily for my family.

I hope she reads this. She was saying I did not mention her enough in another post of mine.

She was a vegetarian, but not any more. She tried bacon but did not like it.
Reminds me of another vegetarian friend who ate bacon to save the economy. Logic being that eating bacon will keep pig farmers their jobs.

That is probably someone's excuse for taking cocaine.


Corinne's philosophy: If people are laughing, laugh too, so then they are laughing with you. If you don't laugh, then they are laughing at you.




No comments:

Post a Comment