Friday 20 July 2012

Firstly, I'm hot.

We had to get our passporty stuff done today, I got some card thing to go to China. Lets be honest, firstly, I'm not really sure what I put myself in for, and secondly, even if I did its probably best not to disclose all official documents I have.
The waiting for about an hour is bearable, because we bought noodles which my brother practically clung on to like his life depended on his constant tasting of them, and the air conditioning was nice.
But then they put me in a photo booth and my life is over.
I was wearing white, because its hot here and white reflects every colour in the spectrum, but the background of the photo booth was white too. So, instead of the background changing colour, I had to compromise. They gave me a wide black scarf, which was wrapped round my neck. Because although I'm not a fashion fanatic, its just how you wear a scarf. No. I had to put the scarf over my shoulders casually, like a golfer. Like a granny.
I realise how stuck up I sound, but seriously, I looked awful. I wear glasses, I had to take them off, and automatically my eyes look even smaller and the slight bags under my eyes are visible. And I have a fringe, which I was forced to part and put all other bits of hair behind my ears.
No smiling either. deadpan stare.
In short, the outcome was a photoshopped, airbrushed granny.

No comments:

Post a Comment