Friday 2 September 2011

Rules of Badminton. Hufflepuff. Ballet

So I met up with my mate Janet to go badminton - ing. She brought her mum and he older sister along and also contacted a 'friend' to come along.

I was wearing a pink puma t-shirt, and one commented on how it looked like I had a thumbprint on me. But the other two wrinkled their noses. It was too pink, but they assured me they thought it was nice on me.

The Janet's mum and sister got bored of waiting for James, our mate, so they went inside, looking at Janet meaningfully saying that they'll give her privacy if she needs to give him a welcome hug. Janet went red.
When he arrived, we both laughed, a lot. Its one of those things. Janet and James have a very complicated relationship.

So we went in to the dome, first we started off me playing against both of them. While smacking the shuttle cock, Janet would ask how his holiday went. James would reply that it was great, thanks for asking, how was yours. There was something off, which took me a while to realise.

And I discovered an amazing to insult Janet. Call her a Hufflepuff. She hates Robert Pattinson (because she hates twilight), he plays Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies, and he's in Hufflepuff.
See it makes sense to her, possibly because she's a dedicated hater.

Me and her had a few goes at each other, while we were playing on the same team. James was quiet, probably scared at us, and he occasionally piped out to say 'out'.

Then I noticed, his voice was breaking. It was way deeper than usual. We laughed a bit, again.
Don't know if he'll be a soprano in the choir anymore.

Oh, then I had a singles match against Janet. I won, mostly on serves.

But I had a secret tactic.

While serving, I would bust out some killer ballet moves.
She thought it was hilarious, the scary part is that its because she thought I looked like I was doing proper ballet.

So we carried on with the game, she would laugh at my 'genuine' ballet skills. I told her I used to do disco dancing and I attempted to teach her high kick. It looked like she had permanently crooked legs and lifting them was equivalent to lifting a ton of  stuff. Ah well.
We laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment