Sunday 3 July 2011

Mentoring fail

So I'm going to be a year 10 next year and a few of us get the chance to be mentors for the new year 7 students coming up this year. And on Friday these students got the chance to come up to the secondary school for the day, getting to know their class and school.
One of the activities were getting into pairs and sharing a story of something that happened to you recently. I saw a boy sitting on him own so I decided to work with him.
And because I'm pretty stupid, and only heard the words 'story', I gave him a hell of an awesome fairytale.
While every one was talking about how they 'went to the cinema and tripped over' and 'falling off the bike'. My story went something like....
'Once upon a time, there was a boy who hunted animals everday, One day, the animals got really angry and started and animal army...."
Patronising much? Cringe much?

No comments:

Post a Comment