Sunday 1 April 2012

My old school

I went to see my old primary school today.
Well I see it almost every day, but I went to take a proper look at it today.
And I took some depressing photos:
 It used to be a lovely little school. Little kids running around (including me) on those tiny weird bike stuff. I never went on them.
But now they've built a new school to replace this one, and this building has been made pretty much redundant for the last 3 years or so.

Inside doesn't look a lot better.
But I admit I'm a big fan of this photo.
I can't tell what the door is for, it looks like it says 'Starget'....?

And here are three steps. Leading to nowhere. There used to be a cabin there. But they took it away, and left the steps.
How thoughtful.

The gates to the school. It looks like a gateway to an extremely run-down prison.


5 comments:

  1. Who owns these school buidings in the UK, state or private firms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for late reply, the state owns the school buildings.

      Delete
    2. I hope you enjoyed recalling your childhood memories and your photography. You should save the photos for who knows when the state decides to build something new here.

      Best Wishes

      Delete
  2. I like the steps (and fence) leading to nowhere, it would be an inspiring photo to write a story from. :-)

    ReplyDelete